The Business Spouse Retreat is for married business partners in the home services industry. Join us for a couple of days of working on our businesses AND our marriages on the white sand beaches of the Emerald Coast!
Work Together, Play Together!
in beautiful Pensacola Beach!
Portofino Island Resort
on Pensacola Beach, FL
Work Together, Play Together
- Develop your working relationship with your spouse.
- Meet others who are married business partners – build your tribe.
- Be supported, nourished, and encouraged by married business partner mentors (Shadowen & Deese) who truly want every marriage and the business they own to succeed.
Sneak Peak of Retreat Topics
- Get ready to roll up your sleeves and work both individually and collectively with your business partner spouse. We’ll spend lots of time on hot button topics like:
- Communication techniques so you and your spouse can be sure you’re both rowing in the same direction
- Identifying your individual roles, setting clear boundaries and drawing your line in the sand between home life and work life
- Find your tribe!
- Get fueled by high energy motivation to execute all the amazing new things you’ve learned during our time together
Should You Attend?
- The Business Spouse Retreat is for you if:
- You and your spouse both work actively in your business
- You’re tired of tough conversations turning into arguments
- You’re ready to go from feeling frustrated to feeling heard
- The business you’ve worked so hard to create has now taken over your entire lives and you’re ready to finally be able enjoy your business AND your marriage…individually!
- And of course we’re at the beach so there will be some much deserved rest and relaxation during the best time of year to be at the beach!
Meet Your Hosts
Justin & Kristen Deese
Justin & Kristen Deese have been in the Home Services industry for 2 decades and are sharing what they have learned over the years about working with your spouse. Currently, Justin is the President of Paradise Home Services in the panhandle of Florida and Kristen is a CFO for businesses in the trades. Together they have started, operated, bought, grown and sometimes even sold various businesses in the trades. They even wrote a book about working together called When Your Business Partner is Your Spouse: How to Have a Successful Business AND a Happy Marriage. Is working with your significant other easy? No! If it was, everyone would do it. It’s constantly a work in progress but it’s possible and when you’re excelling in your lane, respecting boundaries and effectively communicating, together you’re a powerful force to be reckoned with.
Jason and Shayna Shadowen
Married in 1998, Jason and Shayna Shadowen have been in business together since 2003. They currently own and operate 3 businesses together. Service Detectives, which began in 1968 as Starnes Electric by Shayna’s grandpa and grandma. It is a third-generation, electrical service and repair company. In 2018 they started My Office Help. Helping to create freedom in the lives of the contractors they work with, it is a virtual office company that specializes in answering phones, scheduling and dispatching service experts, bookkeeping, mentoring/coaching small trades companies and more. They also own S.I. Fine Cigar Lounge which they started earlier this year in 2022. As if that is not enough to keep them busy, they have two sons of their own, and one adopted daughter, all three of which are teenagers. They are also very active in their community working with several charitable organizations and helping out wherever they can.
Let’s Get Started!